Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Going Pro

Time is ticking away so quickly.  I've decided to go pro with my photography and it's super exciting to finally know what my thing is and be committed to something I plan to do forever.
I always said I would be a photographer when I grow up and I just needed a little confidence boosting  to actually take the plunge.
I've always had the pictures in my head but to finally have the know-how and equipment to produce those images is a tremendous feeling.  Invigorating!
I have so much to do. Inch by inch I know I'll get there as it feels right. I'm an impatient person by nature so it's taking all of my inner strength to be content with slowly slowly.  I want to do this right.
I have three young children who need me and a household to run so too much too soon isn't practical just now.  Lucas, my youngest starts kindy next year so that will allow me more time to kick things up a notch.
This Friday I'll be picking up my new Canon 5d mark II with a portait lens to accompany the various I ones and Speedlite (off camera flash) I already have in the kit.  It's very expensive but an investment and that's why God created Visa right?  I'm going to keep the old 400d for a while as a spare and to handle ultra-wide angle shots, but I can't imagine using it once I get my hands on my new one.....heart flutter.....
Next, finish setting pricing, get blog up & facebook page up & running, business cards printed.
The front garage (we have 2) is in the process of being converted to a home-studio.
We're going to Stu's family farm in Balingup this weekend (pics to come soon), so the weekend after it'll get painted white inside and re-floored in a faux barnwood.    I have a couple of backdrops to get me started.


I prefer outdoors natural candid shots but it seems most people don't consider one a professional photographer unless they have a studio, so I'll do my best!
Truthfully, my fave shots so far have been in the park or in our bedroom.  We have the most magnificent huge North facing window and at right angle to that the whole wall (east-side) is glass also.  With soft white teraline (spelling?) curtains the light on the child's skin is just magic  (see Lucas above and Jacques watching DVD in our bed at the very top).

No comments:

Post a Comment